Welcome to Amberlicious! Join us, spazz and meet your fellows Embers!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Amberlicious! Join us, spazz and meet your fellows Embers!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Amberlicious.
This is the largest International Forum dedicated to
f(x) Amber Liu (엠버).
Share and spazz about SME's first & only female rapper!
Make friends from all over the world and spread the love!
Join the international EMBER community
NOW

Seoul, South Korea

Amberlicious (L.A.)

2 posters

[DISC] KONY 2012

royalvillain
    royalvillain
    Forum Owner

[DISC] KONY 2012  Empty [DISC] KONY 2012

Post by royalvillain Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:19 am

They said I could post topics about anything in this area.. so I did this.

So.. Joseph Kony. How many of you have hear of him before this week? Didn't think so. Neither did I, but this video/project/thingy opened my eyes. I think some of you have seen this video being posted on Facebook and twitter, some might have even seen the actual video. But if you haven't seen it yet, I recommend it. Please, watch this video whenever you have 30 extra minutes to spend on your computer. It won't be a waste of it.

Now that you've probably seen it let me tell you a bit more about Joseph Kony.

"Joseph Kony is the world’s number one war criminal. In 1987 he took over leadership of an existing rebel group and renamed it the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA).

In its 26-year history, the LRA has abducted more than 30,000 children and displaced at least 2.1 million people in Africa."

That is not all, but I am trying to keep this message short.. not going to happen tho.
    If you want more information or if you want to join the movement, please visit:

• www.kony2012.com
    • https://www.facebook.com/invisiblechildren
    • http://www.causes.com/causes/227-invisible-children

Now, I know that the Invisible Children, the organization behind KONY 2012 is not as clean as we could think it is. If you want to know more, I recommend reading this. I still believe that this is our best chance to get Kony so I can't whine about the organization. I, personally won't buy anything or donate money for IC because only 32 % of all the donations are used for the causes but it doesn't mean that I don't support this cause in my heart and in every (free) way possible.

So I made this topic to open a discussion, to spread information about this and to hear what are your thoughts about this! I wanna hear what you have to say!
    LauzieeLoo
    LauzieeLoo
    Forum Owner

[DISC] KONY 2012  Empty Re: [DISC] KONY 2012

Post by LauzieeLoo Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:03 am

Yeah, I heard about this...
    Last week I bought the $30.00 package for it, I really hope we can stop this from continuing.
    It's so horrible that this happens to people, and it's even worse that we can go about our daily lives without even knowing these sort of organizations exist.
    Thanks for sharing this <3

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 2:12 pm